FileScout Core Features:
- FileScout is a file system browser for your BlackBerry® (including hidden files)
- Create directories, copy, move, rename, or delete files
- Zip and Unzip files or complete directory structures with your BlackBerry® (no support for password protected zips) or browse the content of a Zip and extract only the required part(s)
- Copy and delete complete directory structures
- Open all media files (supported by your BlackBerry®)
- Register additional file types with other (3rd party) applications (if supported)
- Open files (like ini, xml, etc.) as plain text so you can edit, mark, copy, and paste text fragments of files that normally can’t be opened with your BlackBerry®. This can become very valuable when you receive email attachments that are not normally supported by your BlackBerry®
- Delete pre-installed wallpapers, videos, and ringtones in order to free memory on your device (not supported on OS5 or higher)***
Please note: once these files have been deleted, the only way to get them back is to hard reset your device!
- Display thumbnails for supported image files (for details check the configuration options)
- Search for files and directories on your BlackBerry® device
- QuickFilter the current directory [no fully supported with Suretype or Multitouch Keyboard]
- Send any file as an email attachment to your BlackBerry® contacts
- Send/receive any file(s) via Bluetooth to/from an another device that support OBEX
- Access your Dropbox: (via the FileScout Dropbox Plugin)
- Download single files, list of files or complete folders (not recursive)
- Upload a single file, a selection of files or complete folders (not recursive) from your BlackBerry® Device to your Dropbox.
- Create a new directory at your Dropbox.
- Display file or folder details for any item
- Define list of favorite directories (as shortcuts)
- Show details for files & directories [modification date, is hidden, etc…]
- Image Viewer – browse though the images of a directory (incl. ‘Next’ & ‘Previous’ functionality)
- Text Editor that supports multiple encodings and include features like text search or auto-backup
- Resize (& rotate) images in order to save time and money when sending photos to your friends via your BlackBerry®
- Create audio playlists (across multiple folders)
- eMail & SMS Archive Function
- Drive Usage Information (see which directory will use how many disk space)
- More to come? – is there really something you miss for a file manager application? If so, please let me know!
Some files on BlackBerry® devices have some sort of DRM (Digital Rights Management). As a result, these files cannot be copied or moved. FileScout will give you a warning once you try to copy a file that has ‘encrypted content’. FileScout will mark these files with a “caution” symbol. Additionally, in some cases, it will not be possible to delete this content.
Download OTA : http://emacberry.com/bbfs/bbfilescout_03download.html