RIM has updated BlackBerry Messenger to version 126.96.36.199. This application available from BlackBerry App World or you can download from link bellow.
Before downloading, please back up your contact list by displaying the menu within BlackBerry Messenger > Options > Back Up. (Available for BBM 5.0 and 5.0.1 users)
Please ensure that you are using RIM or carrier approved BlackBerry® Device Software to avoid compatibility issues that may result in loss of the BBM icon.
After installing the new version of BBM, please restart your device.
Highlights of BBM v5.0.1 include:
– Bug fixes to improve the overall user experience
– Simplified sending of pictures and voice notes
– More user-friendly wording and organization in menus
– Support for a simpler, one line view of contact list
– Support for both deleting an unsent chat message (Shift-Del) and escaping out of a chat while retaining an unsent chat message (Escape button)
– Conversations come naturally on BlackBerry® Messenger (BBM). Ask a quick question, make plans with your BBM group of friends, even share stories and pictures – it’s all free with your data plan.
The newer version is only available for devices running OS v4.5 and higher.
Download OTA : blackberry.com/messenger